Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

KXStudio Linux 14.04(b) : Have I Finally Found The Perfect Linux Distro ?

By JayR

    I do not post here on this blog very often, mostly because I am usually busy trying to figure out all sort's of oddball Linux eccentricities. Those day's I am happy to say, may soon be coming to an end. I believe I have actually found the ultimate Audio / Video content creation operating system suite, so now it's time to get to work creating things.

    KXStudio is a total mind blower ( in my opinion ) I'll admit to having an aversion to the KDE Plasma desktop, too much eye candy, and worthless garbage no one really need's, not to mention the toll on your GPU that the stock KDE desktop takes in order to run at a decent speed. KXStudio strips out all the crap and leaves you with a lean and mean working machine, it is nearly as fast as the striped down FluxBox X-screen environment, and I'll put $10.00 to a Doughnut it will keep pace with the XFCE Desktop that Ubuntu Studio uses. However that is not the total beauty of KXS, the removal of QjackCTL, and restriction of not allowing anyone to use Gdebi for installation of possible rouge applications is outstanding to say the least. This baby is rock solid, usable, flexible and simply might just make you think seriously about even bothering to boot into a MS Windows environment again.

    I hope you can bear with me, as I intend to spend a lot of upcoming free time exploring KXS during the coming summer and fall months ahead.

JayR :_)

No comments:

Post a Comment